Followers

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Maybe I am Wrong

I am a firm believer of what I believe and pride myself on knowing what I know. Yet, I am finding myself pulling back and passing the buck. I am the one that people come to for advice on relationships, family, kids, babies, punishments (there I go with the lists) and I am finding that I don't want to be the one to give the advice. I don't want to have the answers or know the right/ethical way to handle an issue. I don't want to be expected to know where to look for the definiton...we all have dictionaries.

Because...maybe I am wrong. Maybe he is right for you regardless of how many times you have tried to make the relationship work. Maybe another try is just what you and she need. Maybe others don't receive you the way I perceive you and you don't need to make any adjustments to your personality or presence. Maybe I am wrong in my assumptions or understandings. Perhaps your design doesn't need to be tweaked to meet composition norms or your resume is fine how it is.

From my perspective I am right. However, I embrace the idea that there is more than one perspective. There is more than one way of looking at things and if I truly believe that there is some truth in all sides of the story then I have to follow that with an understanding that I Just Might Be Wrong!

Now, if I apply this reasoning to you...then there is an equal possibility that you are not without fault/guilt in assuming that you have the answers. And there is a possibility, no matter how slight, that you, too...JUST MIGHT BE WRONG!

No comments:

Post a Comment