Followers

Friday, March 6, 2009

Simple Complexity

Just a quick thought before I go to bed as I am concerned that some of you reading my posts may get the idea that I am not completely aware of the complexity of some issues about which I speak.  So, to clear the record and relieve a few I wanted to make it clear that I am sometimes frustrated by the simplest part of a very complex issue.  

For example, I know the trickle down effect of decisions made that have led to the economic woes of today.  I understand that it is a far reaching tragedy that has an impact on ALL Americans and not just the homeowning ones (yes, homeowning is a new word in the Dictionary of Kai Volume 1,  3rd Edition).  

I understand the tightened credit market that is forcing businesses to close; the unemployment and jobless record highs; the layoffs and cutbacks.  And, I understand that all that are losing their homes did not buy in the time of easy credit and no down payments.  There are certainly those that are losing their homes because they have lost their jobs because their company has closed because they couldn't keep up with demand because they weren't able to maintain inventory because their credit was reduced or frozen because far too many people were defaulting on loans because far too many received loans that they shouldn't have gotten because banks took risks and those risks didn't pay off which led to people defaulting, tightening credit, no inventory, slow sales, layoffs, cutbacks, no money to pay the mortgage, foreclosures.  Basically, I get it.  And in the end; in a moment of frustration with the failed and failing economy, I don't want to hear about rescuing people who shouldn't have signed on that damn dotted line regardless of what the banks were willing to offer.  I get it....AND I still get frustrated.  (Just not at everyone)

No comments:

Post a Comment