Followers

Friday, February 27, 2009

Photography

I often catch myself saying that I do photography as opposed to saying that I am a photographer. I am struggling with understanding why there is a part of me that refuses to acknowledge the fullness of my artistic talents.   I am not able to own the relationship with my camera as equal to those that can speak the technical jargon of seasoned photographers.  I do understand that the camera captures what the eye sees.  But I see an ability in others to create with the eye of the camera that which the mind sees.  I am in awe of that ability to invoke in me thoughts of dreams and emotional realities through the photojournalistic representation of "a day in the life of" whomever.  Yet, with each viewing of someone's work I am so compelled to pick up my own camera and enjoy the capture of a moment and the creative eye with which I see the simplicity that I transgress my creative boundaries;  I am, in that moment, a photographer and I accept it even if only for a moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment